‘Christian Ministries’ is to come to an end as a working organisation on 30 April. For 23 years CM has provided an ‘umbrella’ over the ministries of three British evangelists – Peter Anderson, John Blanchard and Derek Cleave.
The decision was reached unanimously by the Christian Ministries Board, which includes the three evangelists. It brings to an end a structure that – by the grace of God – has made a considerable impact in the work of the gospel both here in the UK and overseas.
Writing in the final issue of Communication, the Christian Ministries newsletter, administrator Mervyn Snow briefly summarises some of the areas in which the evangelists have been involved, including:
* Hundreds of church-based missions, with many people converted and many of the churches involved gaining a new impetus for evangelism.
* Thousands of services, seminars, conventions, conference and meetings at which countless Christians have been helped.
* Many hundreds of radio and television broadcasts, both in the UK and overseas.
* Over 20 books, with a total circulation of millions in some 40 languages as well as in Braille.
* A library of video-tapes and audio cassettes, covering evangelism, Bible teaching and training.
* Visits to over 30 countries, including conventions and evangelistic missions in the United States. Numerous visits to Bulgaria, Romania and the Czech and Slovak Republics have included supplying a large amount of Christian literature and other practical help.
* A significant input into village evangelism in India, including the provision of income and transportation for village evangelists.
The three evangelists remain in the warmest fellowship, and will all continue to be actively involved in Christian service as the Lord directs and enables them.
In a further comment, Mervyn Snow writes: ‘As Board members, we have counted it a great privilege to stand with these men for the past 23 years. We are so thankful that the Lord has kept them unflinchingly faithful in proclaiming “God’s Word for Today’s World”, and we wholeheartedly commend them to your prayers in the coming days’.
Further details on the individual ministries are available as follows:
Peter Anderson, 87 Carisbrooke Road, Knighton, Leicester LE2 3PG, ([email protected] preacher.freeserve.co.uk).
John Blanchard, 81 Lambert Road, Banstead, Surrey SM7 2QU, ([email protected] blanchard.co.uk).
Derek Cleave, 35 Westward Gardens, Long Ashton, Bristol BS41 9HU, (Dgcleave @aol.com).