Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones
In December 2012, a plaque was unveiled on the wall of the childhood home of Dr Martyn Lloyd-Jones, at Llangeitho in rural Ceredigion.
Dr Lloyd-Jones’s family moved from Cardiff to the village when he was a young boy to take over Siop yr Albion (Albion stores), which is still open today. He remained there until leaving for London in 1914.
It is remarkable that the small village of Llangeitho is associated with the powerful ministries of both Daniel Rowland, one of the leaders of the Welsh Calvinistic Methodists in the eighteenth century, and Dr Lloyd-Jones in the twentieth century.
The plaque was unveiled by Angharad Marshall, Dr Lloyd-Jones’s great-grand-daughter. Afterwards, Gwyn Davies, retired lecturer in church history at WEST, spoke about some of the formative influences of Llangeitho and the surrounding area on the life and ministry of Dr Lloyd-Jones.