Holiday Churches Details
Evangelical Times keeps an up to date database of evangelical churches. Our readers find this very useful when they are on holiday or when they are moving to a new area to live or on business.
Presence in this database is completely free but we do ask that they information is checked each year. You can add your church details if they are not already present.
All churches in the online database will be invited to have an advert in the printed list. The invitation will be sent by email in February each year.
The deadline for inclusion into the printed edition is usually around the middle of April.
Each year we produce a printed version of this list in our June edition. Churches pay to be included in this list with different prices for 3 different types of entry:
Standard Entry £20 (with a £5 discount for an online order)
Enhanced entry £30 (with a £5 discount for an online order)
Photo entry £40 (with a £5 discount for an online order)
Churches who pay for a photo entry will also have the photo appearing on their online entry like this:
A sample page of the June list is shown below:
All the churches in this list are included on the understanding that they are genuinely evangelical in their position. For a church to be added to the list we ask that they be able to agree to this statement of faith:
- The full inspiration of the Holy Scriptures; their authority and sufficiency as not only containing, but being in themselves, the Word of God; the reliability of the New Testament in its testimony to the character and authorship of the Old Testament; and the need of the teaching of the Holy Spirit to a true and spiritual understanding of the whole. We do not believe, however, that the Holy Spirit provides Christ’s church with new special revelation today.
- The unity of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the Sovereignty of God in Creation, Providence and Redemption.
- The total depravity of human nature in consequence to the fall and the necessity for regeneration.
- The true and proper Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ; His virgin birth; His real and perfect manhood; the authority of His teaching; and the infallibility of all His utterances; His work of atonement for sinners of mankind and His vicarious suffering and death; His bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven; and His present priestly intercession for His people at the right hand of the Father.
- The justification of the sinner solely by faith, through the atoning merits of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in regeneration, conversion, and sanctification; also in ministry and worship.
- The ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper as being instituted by our Lord Jesus Christ, but not in Baptism as conveying regenerating grace, neither in the Lord’s Supper as being a sacrifice for sin, nor involving any change in the substance of the bread and wine.
- The personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
- The resurrection of the body; the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, with the eternal blessedness of the righteous and the eternal punishment of the wicked.