Mildmay Mission Hospital

ET staff writer
ET staff writer
31 July, 2010 0 min read

Mildmay Mission Hospital

Britain’s last remaining mission hospital – where Princess Diana famously shook hands with an AIDS patient – is to be redeveloped. Mildmay was established in 1866 by Rev. William Pennefather to provide care for cholera patients. The hospital has been in its Shoreditch location since 1892. The old hospital will make way for a new, 24-bed Mildmay Hospital for people living with HIV.

ET staff writer
3907
Articles View All

Join the discussion

Read community guidelines
Become a church agent - The cheapest, fastest, and easiest way to get the print edition of ET