Subscribe now

All articles & reviews tagged with religion

News

April 2021
News > International

Canada: Jordan Peterson says ‘I am amazed by my own belief’

Canadian professor of psychology Jordan Peterson has spoken about his religious views in a recent interview with an Orthodox Christian friend. Peterson has a huge following online, receiving widespread attention for his conservative views on cultural and political issues. In an interview with Jonathan Pageau (which is available to watch online) Peterson says there…

Read more

News

September 2019
News > International > Religious liberty

Christians hit as government restrictions on religion rise

Christians are being harassed in 143 countries worldwide as governmental restrictions on religion increase, according to a major report released recently. A squeeze on religion is happening not only in authoritarian countries, but also in many of Europe’s democracies, according to the findings. The Pew Research Center, which released its 10th annual Report on…

Read more

Article

April 2019
Articles

Comic book ‘Jesus’ dropped after outcry

DC Comics has announced the cancelation of a comic book series ‘Second Coming’ – featuring Jesus as a superhero sidekick – after nearly a quarter of a million Christians protested against it. Over 235,000 people signed a petition calling the plans ‘blasphemous’ and saying DC comics would never dare print a similar comic book…

Read more

News

November 2017
News > Society

Society – Church schools vs. belief

Most British millennials have no faith or religion, a wide-ranging study has claimed. The British Social Attitudes Survey, published in September, revealed 71 per cent of all 18-24 year olds polled said they belonged to ‘no religion’. In the study, 53 per cent claimed they were not religious. Of the remaining 47 per cent,…

Read more

News

August 2017
News > Society

Society – Dawkins on Islam

Richard Dawkins has warned against Islam as the ‘most evil’ religion, stirring up further controversy with his anti-religious comments. The evolutionary biologist and confirmed atheist warned that it was virtually impossible to study English literature without knowing the background of Christianity. According to a report from The Telegraph, Mr Dawkins was being interviewed at…

Read more

Article

September 2002
Articles > Cultural and Ethical

A false sense of security

Last month we began to look at the booklet What about other Religions? by Nicky Gumbel. In this booklet he advocates the ‘wider hope theory’, that is, the idea that many who have never heard of Christ may, if they are sincere, still be saved through him. We continue our analysis by asking what…

Read more

Historical

November 2000
Articles > Historical

The life of God in the soul of Man

Reminiscing on Henry Scougal’s work The life of God in the soul of man, George Whitefield noted, ‘I never knew what true religion was till God sent me this excellent treatise’. That such a spiritual giant as Whitefield should speak so highly of Scougal’s work should surely compel believers today to seek out and…

Read more